I’m one of those fan bois of lists, top tens, best of, worst of…maybe it’s the brevity of it all. Maybe because I like to read my own words? I do know I made myself a point to ‘journal’ by the ideals of one Kim Ades whom I met in October. She’s a fine Canadian strong woman who will simply pwn you when it comes to calling you out in front of an audience. My actual journaling lasted a week so I digress to Twitter and this Blog. Facebook will never count as Journaling because of it’s audience.
Things I’m Thankful for 2011
- My Health : taking control of what I put into and around my body has made my mind much clearer and a goal to try and live a longer one…while blocking out the negatives like If I live longer I’ll endure more pain. Funny how that works huh?
- My Wife: Cliche as it is but she puts up with my bullshit. My mood swings, my gas, my temper tantrums when I drive my minivan. My wanting of sex at the most in opportune times. My wanting to go on fasting diets in the middle of Thanksgiving (who does that?). She’s my love who I found in of all places Leavenworth(less).
- My Kids: The reason for getting up everyday. The reason I work harder, eat less and spend more. It’s hard to explain to a non-breeder but having a kid(s) changes you quickly and slowly – you realize the remnants of you will go on…the good and bad. I have tons of fears when it comes to their future..so much so I may need to see a therapist. I care too much I think.
- My career: I cannot help but realize on a day to day basis that what I do in my life since graduating college was easy. Cake. I don’t struggle or hate what I do. I may not like certain situations or things that I have zero control over but overall I love what I do and am proud to be a creative person that was passed on down to me from my parents. I have a ton of freedom. One could say I’m lucky and in some areas I am but I strongly believe you make your own luck and pretty much in control of your own happiness. I also have the lil devil on my shoulder whispering to me about how all of this could end today and I’d be back on the internet looking for another ‘job’….I’m fine with that.
- Lacking jealousy: This un-redeeming quality is something I only have when it comes to the fantasy world. In reality I’m never jealous of the good or better things other people have or situations that are better than mine. Thru the years of my life I’ve seen relationships in my family and friends fall apart because one or both didn’t like what the other was doing based solely on jealousy. Even in small things like clothes or gaming friends…it’s very strange to me to not like someone for this reason. This also comes up to me in thinking about the 99% people squatting and trying to make a point about big biz. I think the underlying basis is righteous however it comes down to personal responsibility. Don’t have a job? Get one? Want to do better in life? Work for it. Don’t blame the 1% for your life decisions. Corporate greed will exist and greed itself is the driving force for life itself…It is true what Gordon Gecko said about greed being good. It’s essence is what drives people to work, get that bigger TV, the phone, education, etc. My philosophy on the ‘rich’ is without them most of todays society and infrastructure would fall apart in weeks.
Weeks. Kill the Rich and you kill yourself. It would be a world full of Wal Mart shoppers without a Walmart to shop at….It’s all linked up. I do agree that the bonus’s and bail outs weren’t right – I wanted the banks and car companies to fail…that was the essence of capitalism that quickly turned into nationalism – thanks Bush and Obama…I could go on.
- My mini van: It’s a 1995 Ford Windstar White Mini Van. I bought it with Enron money and paid it off with Enron money. My first wife wanted something to hold our two kids and tote shit around in. I got it in 1999 – thinking that once 2000 hit and everything goes to shit because of the Y2K bug – all payments and bills would be erased. I was wrong. I’m not a Ford fan and won’t ever be. I was forced to buy it under duress. It’s lasted 12 fucking years. Thats like 250 years in other car company years. It’s had it’s engine rebuilt thanks to some minimum wage ass hat at the 119th and Metcalf Walmart employee forgot to put my oil cap back on while some cheap idiot was the one who brought it to them in the first place because an oil change was $15.95. Walmart paid for my rebuilt engine because the Ford dealership said they ruined it. So I have a van bought with Enron money that Ford Co. intimidated Walmart to rebuild it’s engine. This van is destined to be great. In it’s current state the windshield wipers engine is broke, the back window that is supposed to slightly open hinge broke so is now held together by a rope. This past summer my daughter slammed my passenger door so hard it refused to shut so now thats held closed by a belt. The internal light in the floor boards will stay on for around 2 hours anytime you run it. THere’s a car door bell that stays on if it’s over 32 degrees and the car lights are on when your under 15 mph. It’s transmission knocks and sounds like a sledge hammer whenever I put into drive or go from 2nd to 3rd gear. There’s an ever growing rust wheel well growth on both sides of the rear tires. The AC needs recharged.
Now the things that are good about it: It’s been paid off since 2002 – I cashed in some stocks of Enron to pay it off…before the debacle. It runs. I have no car payments of any kind for over 9 years! The heater works. It has cheap tires. It hauls shit. It holds my bikes. You can fuck it in without pulling a muscle. It gets stares from soccer moms in the golden ghetto like no other vehicle. These stares aren’t ones of envy but laughter. My driver side electronic window still works. The middle console lighter thing still works to charge my iPhone. It runs.
- Being a Native American: It’s simply…Awesome. Besides mezzicans – which we are very closely related to besides the work ethics on gardening and road work – we are true americans. Yes, I’m a half breed much like a muggle but I consider myself a native. I mark all those census and applications as such. Why is it awesome? Self tanning.
- Technology: gives me something to do other than read books.
- America: The best country in the world and beyond. The ones who migrate here legally or otherwise are here for a reason.